7/6/09

Getter Robo Go Final

Here's the final chapter.

Getter Robo Go v7 ch4
Megaupload

Getter Robo Go Volume 7 Compilation
Megaupload

Full series torrent

Well, there's a second Getter Robo series down. It's also the longest one.
Now, I'm going to focus on Mazinger Z. I don't have any new translations yet from Starseeker, but I guess I'll start cleaning the next volume tomorrow.

On the topic of the other Getter Robo series:
The last two series I need to do are Getter Robo and Getter Robo Āḥ. But here's the thing, I need to get the Getter Robo Saga editions.

Let me tell you what Getter Robo Saga is: Getter Robo Saga is the final edition of the manga. Ishikawa went back and redrew some parts, corrected the story here and there and even did an entirely new ending to Getter Robo G. Many parts of Shin Getter were altered, a part of Go was changed, and the ending of Āḥ was altered.

Unfortunately, only the very first volume has been scanned, which means I need to personally scan the rest of them. Also, I don't have a dedicated translator right now. Lionel popped in and translated a little bit randomly, but I need someone who is more consistent. I have someone like that, but unfortunately and understandably, he doesn't work for free. You all know I'm willing to spend my own money and hours of my free time to bring you manga, but I can only do so much. Frankly, I've tried to avoid asking for money for the longest time. But Getter Robo Go cost me $120 and Tatari $50 in addition to the standard, time consuming work that goes into scanlating. So, I'm asking you, if you want to see these works in English, please help by donating. I need to purchase the volumes of Getter Robo Saga and help pay the translation. If you can spare any money, please consider helping me. I've already had a kind soul donate some money and I'm infinitely grateful. Any amount will do.

Anyhow, enjoy the ending of GETTER ROBO GO!


UPDATE: Seems MF and MU have killed the links. Please use the torrent from now on. I may reupload later.

18 comments:

  1. Awesome job, you guys. Can't believe you made it.

    Let me say on behalf of /m/: Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Getter Robo Saga, but I don´t see anything different in Getter Robo Go and Shin Getter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. >I have Getter Robo Saga, but I don´t see anything different in Getter Robo Go and Shin Getter...

    Are you certain you have it? It should say ゲッターロボ サーガ.

    Here's a list of the changes:
    * ゲッターロボ
    o プロローグに加筆、新エピソードを追加
    * ゲッターロボG
    o 新エピソードを追加、最終決戦を加筆
    * ゲッターロボ號
    o 神隼人が早乙女研究所崩壊の経緯を語る部分を、『真ゲッターロボ』の内容に合わせる形で描き直し
    * 真ゲッターロボ
    o ゲッターエンペラー関連のページを一部再編集、エピローグを加筆
    * ゲッターロボ アーク
    o エピローグを加筆


    Here's a full list of the publications and how many volumes there are:

    # アクションコミックス(双葉社)

    * ゲッターロボ(全3巻)
    * ゲッターロボG(全2巻)
    * ゲッターロボ號(全5巻)
    * 真ゲッターロボ(全2巻)
    * ゲッターロボ アーク(全3巻)

    # 双葉文庫(双葉社)

    * ゲッターロボ(全2巻)
    * ゲッターロボG(全1巻)
    * ゲッターロボ號(全3巻)
    * 真ゲッターロボ(全1巻)
    * ゲッターロボ アーク(全2巻)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it´s in pocket book format, it´s from 2002, Getter Robo have a prologue and Getter Robo G a epilogue and a chapter about Brai´s origin.

    But I really don´t see any difference in Getter Robo Go and Shin Getter Robo, it´s almost the same that is already translated in here. Maybe only a few dialogues are edited.

    My Getter Robo Ark is not from the same compilation, then I can´t say if there´s any difference in the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, there's only one change in Getter Robo Go. But there should be a few changes to Shin Getter Robo.

    * ゲッターロボ號
    o 神隼人が早乙女研究所崩壊の経緯を語る部分を、『真ゲッターロボ』の内容に合わせる形で描き直し
    Getter Robo Go
    Hayato's explanation of Saotome Research Laboratory's demise changed to fit in with the events of Shin Getter Robo

    * 真ゲッターロボ
    o ゲッターエンペラー関連のページを一部再編集、エピローグを加筆
    Shin Getter Robo
    Pages related to Getter Emperor reorganized (?), Epilogue revision.

    So, I don't know what's up with your edition exactly. But these should be the changes present in the アクションコミックス (Action Comics) and 双葉文庫 (Futabasha) editions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine is from Futabasha, I check it again right now, there´s one last chapter in Shin Getter(Getter Robo Saga 7), but this don´t add anything to the main story, it´s in the same universe of the Getter Robo Armageddon OVA, like a prologue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, thanks for the info.

    Anyhow, I still need to get the original and Āḥ Getter Robo Saga version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. any chance of you working with the new mazinger manga, from what I've seen , it's awsome, but nobody is scanlating it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. >any chance of you working with the new mazinger manga

    Nope, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to see Violence Jack scanlated, but its nearly 10,000 pages so you'd need help to get it done before the next ice age

    ReplyDelete
  11. >I'd love to see Violence Jack scanlated

    So would I, as long as I don't have to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excuse me one sec *faints. Wakes up an hour later* Ok now that that's out of the way... I love you guys! XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, that was a rather unexpected ending, I knew it'd be over the top but not like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you kindly for you and your groups efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to admit, I'm something of a terrible manga reader - I tend to get distracted easily, which explains why I'm typically more into anime. This, however, is one of the few titles to successfully grab me by the neck and pull me in the whole way through. Very intense artwork, tight pacing, high stakes story...and I'm glad you took care of Shin Getter Robo first, that background added a lot of gravity to the whole piloting dilemma.

    p.s.
    related clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZb3rYglhs&fmt=18

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too bad you can't have the really big and impressive explosion on the earth without wrecking the place. I guess Ryoma and the Empress of the Dinosaur Empire getting getter married is fine too, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Getter Team,
    You did a great work. When did you talk about Getter Robo Saga, Did you mean the Original Getter Robo ?
    I have the scanlations of the 5 volumes of the original Getter Robo manga. If you are interested, tell me and I'll give you my 4shared link

    ReplyDelete
  18. >You did a great work. When did you talk about Getter Robo Saga, Did you mean the Original Getter Robo ?

    No. Can you please read the post next time?

    ReplyDelete